Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Learning About Siblings

Very quickly now, Jacob is learning to crawl, getting faster at crawling, and getting into more of Shyla's toys. She in turn... ahem... doesn't like it! She's very protective of her toys and tells on her brother if he's even near the vacinity of them. She also at times trys to take matters into her own hands and disciplines Jacob at her discretion. I know it's just the beginning of sibling rivalry, but I also know that there will be times they will play together and love each other. The way the last weeks have been going I wasn't sure how long it'd be until the playing and loving each other would come.

Today was the day! I walked into the room because I didn't hear any noise. What I found was that Shyla had put Jacob and her on her princess couch and covered them with a blanket to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. A little after I took the picture I found Jacob leaning to the side on Shyla and she was letting him do that while they watched TV! It was a precious moment!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

squeee...can't wait to for these moments. your children are adorable!

Stacy Pettersen said...

How sweet... sounds like an ideal Big Sister to me!