If you know Shyla at all, you know she LOVES TO SPIN! Maybe she likes the wind in her hair or maybe she likes the dizzy feeling she gets, but either way, she loves to spin. When she gets really dizzy, she falls over, and we're always worried she's going to fall and hit something and get hurt. It was bound to happen some day and today happened to be the day. She was spinning around in the family room and I was talking to Jake on the phone. I heard a *thunk* and turn around to find Shyla on the floor bleeding! My first thought was that because there was so much blood in her mouth I thought she knocked her teeth out. Thankfully that didn't happen. The blood was just gushing out as it does with head wounds so I ran her to the bathroom and laid her on the floor so I could get some towels to clean her up. Well, blood and laying down don't mix, so she starting coughing/choking on the blood. It got all over her clothes, my clothes, and the floor. I don't know what I was thinking. I looked like a chicken with my head cut off I'm sure. I knew what to do but my body wasn't working as fast as my thoughts were.
After lunch playing with his toys on his knees! He was just off to the side minding his own business quietly, that is, until mommy showed up with this big camera and wanted to take pictures.


Later on, after his afternoon nap, I was on the phone with Jake telling him how I again found Jacob pulled up to his knees and that we needed to lower the crib that night. I turn around and find this...

He now can pull himself to standing! This little guy is growing just as fast as his sister, which in my opinion is TOO FAST! In the first year to year and a half I think the kids grow the fastest. They are growing now only in size, but shape, their hair, abilities they can do, speech, etc. SO much happens and so fast. I wish I could slow time down just so I can savor a little more of the fun that comes with babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment