While this wasn't Shyla's first official Halloween, it was her first official neighborhood trick or treating... and she loved it! She said "trick or treat" and "thank you" at every house. Shyla was Snow White and Jacob was a bee. It was fun getting them dressed up. I straightened Shy's hair. I think I enjoyed getting her ready with makeup and all way more than she did. There were LOTS of kids trick or treating this year so it helped to make the experience more fun for all of us and not boring at all. The weather was nice so that was a plus. I wore a short sleeved t-shirt and was comfortable.

The first house we went to was our neighbors right across the street. Shyla didn't want to walk all the way to the door because of the scary decorations they had on their porch... so instead their daughter came out to give her the candy. A few more houses of getting scared and she started to warm up. 
A family picture taken by our "kitty corner" neighbors. That's our house in the background. We hung orange lights up. We were a little late this year decorating though. By the time we FINALLY got some decorations up Halloween was about 1 week away. Oh well, it's the thought that counts!
Shyla at the first house where she walked all the way up to ring the bell by herself. 
She even got to get candy from some of the members of our ward, so she was happy about that too!

By the end of the night I'd say she made out fairly well for her first time.
5 comments:
So cute! It was much more fun this year for us too.
... she did make out good! AJ was WAY TOO SLOW! It took him FOREVER to get from house to house. So he didn't get nearly as much candy. Fun Fun though!
Shyla is SO cute. She looks like a little blonde snow white doll. And she got TONS of candy!!
oh man...what i would give to be a kid again...or maybe i should just have a kid and steal their candy :)
Very cute!! Did Shyla finally get to talk with her "friends" she talks to from her window?? Fun!
so much fun and I love the kids' costumes...too cute.
Post a Comment