Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Don't Want Cake, I Want Chicken

We have had the hardest time getting Shyla to eat foods other than fruits, veggies, and some other random items. She'll eat at other people's houses, but with us it's usually a tough time. I'm not saying I don't love that she eats healthy, but it does get hard when I make something for Jake and I and I have to make a whole other food for Shyla. Finally the other morning she ate eggs! And tonight she ate chicken!

After dinner Jake and I had some leftover cake. Shyla said she wanted some so we put it on her plate. After 1 bite she proceeds to tell us "I don't want cake, I want chicken." So we put more chicken on her plate and she ate it. She ate a whole half breast of chicken.

Oh yeah and I cut her some bangs the other day. Well it was more of a snip in the middle since the sides were already kind of short. They look better in the morning. I think I did OK for my first time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Van takes after Paul, and is the human garbage disposal...she will EAT ANYTHING!! Healthy is her fav too! I like it, because I am a junky!

Heather said...

oh man, what is it with kids and eating. we are having issues getting andrew to eat lunch and dinners. he'll eat bits of them (and he's eating the same stuff as matthew and i), eventually stop eating it. want to get down, and then wants to stand and eat of my fork. it's so annoying. it makes dinners annoying and for once i just would like to eat in piece without having a child whine and pull on my pants.

THE GROWS said...

Her bangs look cute. I have the hardest time feeding my two year old. He doesn't want anything but milk! good luck with that