Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We're Having A...

I guess you already know what we're having since I've changed my background to show it. But in case it passed you by... WE'RE HAVING A BOY! We found out back on January 21st, but between Shyla's 2nd birthday, family staying at our place, working on tax information, along with the normal daily activites, time passed me by. Not much to tell regarding the appointment. The nurse was on time for the appointment (as was for the appointment we had with Shyla). Now, if only all of the nurses/doctors could be as on time... one can hope. We had my parents, our good friend Laurie, Jake's parents on speaker phone, and of course Shyla in attendance. First, the nurse had just me and Jake go in the room. She took a TON of photos for the radiologist to review. About 15-20 min later she had everone else come in the room. She found out what we were having but we wanted to wait to find out until everyone was in the room. When she was getting the image on the screen I could tell what it was just before she said it. "It's a boy". I knew it. Jake is super excited to be having a boy. Now he won't have to be outnumbered by us girls.

FUN FACT: On my side of the family, on my mom's side, in my generation I am the only girl. So far, Shyla is the only girl too in her generation. Besides me, there are 3 other boys, and besides Shyla, there are already 6 other boys. She and I are still grandmas "special" girls. She doesn't love us any more, but I think it makes us have a special bond. Grandma and I already have a special bond because we also share the same birthday!

It's definitely a boy!

A couple of pictures from 16 weeks (2 of them I had fun playing with Photoshop).


A couple of pictures from 20 weeks.

Not much to report on how I'm feeling. I still have a due date of June 17, 2009, but the ultrasound showed June 12th. My doc said he wouldn't change the due date for just a couple of days off since pregnancy isn't "by the book" anyway. Maybe he forgot Shyla came 3 weeks early and was a fast/short delivery??? I need all the prep time I can before this little guy comes. THANKFULLY we have a hospital 5 minutes away this time (3 if you drive fast).

4 comments:

Heather said...

congratulations!! yeah for boys!!

Unknown said...

I must have been one of the people who didn't notice you annouced it was a boy...=)
Congrats! That is exciting news!

Chrissy said...

congratulations! You look absolutely adorable all pregnant!

Dawnette and Mark Coltrin said...

Yeah... I still haev no idea what I am looking at... you mean from that picture you can tell it's a boy????