Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Go A's

We went to an A's game (Shyla's 2nd game) and met our friend Lora there with some of her family.

The game started at 7:05pm and we needed to catch the train that came at 6:02pm in Pittsburg/Bay Point in order to have a chance at being there somewhat on time (though it was about 7:45 by the time we got there, got our Dollar Dogs, went to the restroom, and got seated). We literally were running across the BART parking lot and through the gate. We made it on the train with just under 2 minutes to spare before the doors closed and we were on our way.

Shyla on BART.

While we were getting seated at the game, we ran into Shawn, Aubrey, and Greg, who we went to our last A's game with... what are the chances.

Left to right: Greg, Shyla, Kat.

It was COLD COLD COLD outside and poor Shyla was just freezing. She didn't want to cuddle much, but she dealt with the cold like a trooper. She didn't go to sleep until almost 11pm (way past her normal bedtime).

Can you believe 1 foam finger cost $9.50! Can we say "rip off"!

I was really glad to have been able to spend time with friends. It's so easy for life to get busy and we get so easily wrapped up in our own things, that it's refreshing to see familiar faces. I love to spend time with all my friends but the ones from the Singles Ward will always have a special place with me. We became friends at a turning point in my life and I will forever be greatful for the lasting friendships that were created. It's also a lot of fun to be around everyone with their spouses and new kidlets! Lora, we'll miss you when you guys leave! But will be happy when you return :)

2 comments:

Fenima said...

How fun you guys. I'm no A's fan, but I should have just gone for good companies....may be next time.

TimLoraKat said...

That was so much fun. Yeah, Fen should have come. I kept telling her that! Oh, well. If you could, please email me those pictures, I would love it!!! We need to hang out more when we move back down to CALI!